Scotland-based tech lead with a software engineering background, most recently leading a team building an infrastracture platform + tooling for various products to easily run high-scale workloads.
I enjoy adapting to whichever technologies, skills & roles can serve as the right tool for the job in order to provide maximum value.
Currently working on delivering and constantly improving an infrastructure platform + tooling to enable other engineering teams to easily run their workloads at scale and focus on application development.
- Provisioning & maintenance of dozens of production Kubernetes clusters running across dozens of AWS accounts and multiple regions
- Providing easy self-serve Terraform tooling for developers to consume regardless of TF/DevOps experience
- Providing support to engineers of all levels with provisioning and managing their infrastructure using our tooling
- Designing and planning work across many initiatives to further security, stability & scalability while balancing flexibility/autonomy of our engineering teams with consistency across our infra
- Communication with leads from many teams to understand requirements and coordinate releases/improvements
- Carrying out system design interviews & onboarding newjoiners
Stack: Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform, Python & bash scripting
Worked as a full-stack engineer and subsequently Tech Lead for Kids Web Services, a platform of tools and APIs with the aim of enabling engineers globally to create safe digital products & experiences for children.
- Worked with stakeholders and PMs to define technical direction and carry out product vision
- Implemented features and delivered requirements using a microservice architecture
- Designed systems within strict limitations due to guidelines and regulations around children’s data privacy
- Architected and optimised our systems to work at scale and handle several large launches involving being in the critical path of global applications used by millions of children
- Interviewed and trained new team members
As principal engineer, built a website creator for non-technical users, which eventually went on sale in physical boxes in high street stores across the UK.
- Set up and maintained the infrastructure
- Wrote the first version of the entire system; led hiring & oversaw development of further iterations of the system
Stack: PHP, MySQL, AngularJS, Nginx, Linux
Some side projects built for fun and/or for educational purposes: